Essay Prompts - Boston College
Listed below are the essay prompts for incoming freshman students.
- Common App personal essay (250-650 words)
- We would like to get a better sense of you. Please respond to one of the following prompts. (400 word limit)
- Human beings have a creative side that tends to shine most when we are truly invested in the world around us. Describe a situation when you responded effectively to a particular need and found yourself at your creative best.
- Experience teaches us the importance of being reflective when making major decisions. Share an example from a recent event when a leader or an average person faced a difficult choice. What were the consequences of the decision? Would you have done the same?
- Boston College strives to provide an undergraduate learning experience emphasizing the liberal arts, quality teaching, personal formation, and engagement of critical issues. If you had the opportunity to create your own college course, what enduring question or contemporary problem would you address and why?
- Jesuit education stresses the importance of the liberal arts and sciences, character formation, commitment to the common good, and living a meaningful life. How do you think your personal goals and academic interests will help you grow both intellectually and personally during college?
Please write your response here.
*College essay prompts were compiled from university websites, the Common Application, and the Coalition Application. Essay prompts are subject to change and we encourage students and families to confirm all essay prompts with the institution.