Top International Business Colleges
As an international business major, you’ll learn how to derive economic benefit from thinking globally and understanding foreign cultures on a deep level. Along the way you’ll take courses such as: International Business Law, Comparative Economic Systems, International Market & Trade, and Global Leadership.
Earning a degree in international business will prepare students for careers with investment banks, multinational corporations, international banks, foreign governments, and organizations such as the World Bank or the International Finance Corporation.
What do you need to make it in an International Business program?
International business majors need to be creative, critical thinkers, who enjoy extensive travel and immersing themselves in completely new environments. Additionally, the development of abilities in at least one foreign language as well as interpersonal skills will greatly aid students when they enter the job market.
Your International Business College Checklist:
- Is foreign language a requirement or a recommendation?
- Does the school also have a strong foreign language program that aligns with your geographic regions of interest?
- For those who wish to pursue advanced degrees, how do graduate programs in international relations view your prospective undergraduate institution?
- Does your school's location provide advantages for internships and future employment (i.e. a cosmopolitan city like Washington D.C. or New York)?
- Do they have a wide and active worldwide alumni network?
- Is a senior thesis/research project required?
- What type of study abroad/international internship options are available? Do they match your geographical area of interest?
The Top International Business Colleges & Universities
Jobs in international business are competitive and finding the right college and program is often key to landing a good position. Schools that are held in particularly high regard by professionals, employers and students include: Fordham University, the University of South Carolina, and Northeastern University. For a complete list of College Transitions Top International Business Colleges and Universities, click here.
*College lists are compiled on the basis of counselor interviews, guide books, exhaustive internet searches (of college and departmental websites), and data provided by The College Board and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).