Top Marketing Colleges
As a marketing major, you’ll learn the theory and practice of consumer behavior and market research with an eye toward guiding business, agencies, and individuals toward effective public communication. You may choose from among a host of specialty areas including: Sports Marketing, Entertainment Marketing, Marketing Management, Digital Marketing, and Retail and Merchandise Management.
Earning a degree in marketing will prepare students for careers in a wide array of areas including: promotions manager, publicist, market research analyst, media buyer, event planner, and brand manager.
What do you need to make it in a Marketing program?
Future marketers need to be strong writers and communicators. A solid background in English, public speaking, and an aptitude for utilizing multimedia tools are keys to success.
Your Marketing College Checklist:
- Do they offer my particular concentration area of interest within the marketing field?
- What is the professional background of the faculty? Have they worked within the marketing field recently?
- What type of guest speakers in the field appear on campus?
- How do students fare landing internships at local and national corporations?
- Does your prospective college have state-of-art technology to prepare students for the modern workplace?
- What is the strength of the career services office and alumni network?
The Top Marketing Colleges & Universities
Marketing is a competitive field and finding the right college and program is often key to landing a good job. Schools that are held in particularly high regard by professionals, employers and students include Villanova University, Bentley University, and Emerson College. For a complete list of College Transitions Top Marketing Colleges and Universities, click here.
*College lists are compiled on the basis of counselor interviews, guide books, exhaustive internet searches (of college and departmental websites), and data provided by The College Board and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).