bryn_mawrPage Updated: December 17, 2015

Location: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

Does your institution admit undocumented students?


Do you feel that your institution creates a welcoming and inclusive environment where undocumented students would feel wanted and valued on campus?


When completing the question on the application regarding citizenship, is there an option to select “non-citizen” or “Other (Non-US)” and if not, should they leave the question blank? Is a blank field permitted when completing an online application?

Students are encouraged to select “non-citizen”

Do you recommend that undocumented students disclose their immigration status in the application, including essays or counselor/teacher recommendations?

No, we only need status information for financial aid purposes. That information should be disclosed on the financial aid application. Our FA and Admission offices are completely separate. If a student chooses to write about it in their essay, that is fine, but they should not feel compelled to disclose outside of financial aid documents and the demographic information needed to submit.

For residency and tuition purposes, how does your institution treat undocumented students? (i.e., international, in-state, out-of-state, etc.)


Does your institution offer institutional aid or any type of merit/talent scholarships to undocumented students?

Yes, Bryn Mawr offers financial aid to these students.

How would an undocumented student apply for need-based aid at your institution? Are they required to complete a CSS Profile or an institutional financial aid application?

Students should submit the CSS Profile. Bryn Mawr’s CSS code is 2049.

Do you require that students submit a social security number on your admissions application? Can students use zeros to complete this requirement? (i.e., 000-00-0000)

Yes, but students can use zeros to complete this requirement.

Does your institution offer legal support to help students gain legal status by the time they graduate?


If there is a specific person in the admissions office who is knowledgeable about the issues pertaining to undocumented students and can serve as a resource for students, families and high school counselors, please list his/her information below:

Students are asked to contact their regional admissions counselor.